School of Church Planting & Leadership (SCPL)
SCHOOL OF CHURCH PLANTING & LEADERSHIP (CHR 233-234)
WHAT IS THIS SCHOOL ALL ABOUT?
The School of Church Planting and Leadership (SCPL) is a school whose Lecture Phase is built on four pillars:
• Church Leadership: Understand the calling and the Shepherd role of Church ministers
• Church Planting: Understand the key models and methods of Church Planting
• Church Renewal/health: Understand the principles that foster church renewal and transformation
• Church Growth: Understand the strategies and principles that govern church growth
The SCPL Internship is a special “attachment” to a ministry chosen by the student, in any country, where the following can be achieved:
• 25 hours of contact with ministry per week (full time interns).
• 25 hours of ministry preparation per week (full time interns only).
• Exposure to ministry leadership activities (in a mentoring relation).
The half-time Internship program is stretched over 24 weeks instead of 12, and requires 12½ hours of contact and the same amount of time for preparation.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL IT BE?
The School starts on Saturday the 4th of July 2015 (Registration will be on Monday afternoon). YWAM Livingstone is located at Plot 7454, Off-Lusaka Rd, Highlands, Livingstone, Zambia.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT (here is a sample)?
• WEEK 1. INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF THE CHURCH (ECCLESIOLOGY)
• WEEK 2. PRINCIPLES OF CHURCH LEADERSHIP (SERVANT LEADERSHIP)
• WEEK 3. PRINCIPLES OF SHEPHERDING (POIMENICS) OR PASTORAL THEOLOGY
• WEEK 4. PASTORAL COUNSELLING
• WEEK 5. THE ART OF PREACHING (HOMILETICS)
• WEEK 6. THE SCIENCE AND ART OF BIBLE INTERPRETATION (HERMENEUTICS)
• WEEK 7. CHURCH GROWTH PRINCIPLES
• WEEK 8. THE PASTOR AS A TEACHER
• WEEK 9. PRINCIPLES OF CHURCH RENEWAL
• WEEK 10. CHURCH ADMINISTRATION AND COMPUTER & INTERNET LITERACY
• WEEK 11. THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE CHURCH (GIFTS, FRUIT, & FUNCTION)
• WEEK 12. HOW TO PLANT CHURCHES
WHAT WILL THE LECTURE PHASE COST?
1. Third World students: US$600 (K3,500 for local Zambians)
2. CATEGORY (A): US$1200 (Students from the developed World nations and from NICs).